2020 Illinois Wesleyan University Volleyball
Germany & Austria
March 6th - March 15th, 2020
Welcome to your customized Tour Website. Everything you need to know can be found below.
If you can't find it don't hesitate to contact us with your questions
- Terms & Conditions
- Quote Details
- Payment Schedule
- Cancellation Policy
- Travel Insurance
- Final Itinerary
- Airline Info
- Volleyball Activities
- Emergency Contacts
- Packing List
- Helpful Hints
It is important to read this information and the associated tabs carefully. The Terms and Conditions include our Payment Policy, Cancellation Policy, Validity of Prices, Liability details and other important information
Additional Passengers Additional passengers (parents, siblings, relatives, friends etc.) are welcome (and encouraged) to join the tour at any time as long as seats are available on the airline’s group reservation. Any passengers joining the tour after the group has deposited will be subject to airline costing on that date
Airline Information Airlines reserve the right to increase their departure tax (based on airport fees / government security taxes) and fuel surcharges at any time. To maintain the quoted tour price it is essential that the payment installments are received on the stated dates. To minimize any increases Quest Sports Travel strongly recommends that the group ‘ticket’ all passengers as early as possible. ‘Ticketing’ requires payment in full to the airline. Once ticketed airfare costs are non-refundable
Departure City: The departure city for this tour will be Chicago. All efforts are made to secure the most direct and cost effective routing. Routing and cost implications will be discussed with tour leaders before publication of flight details. Flight details will be available by April 30th, 2019.
Airline Deposit: Airlines deposits become non-refundable by the airline 91 days+ prior to departure. To be included in the group airfare pricing is required before December 1, 2019. After that date passengers can still be added, but price will be based on purchase at applicable fare on that purchase date. It may also still be possible to be added to the group reservation after that date, but the airline reserve the right to increase pricing for late additions
Flight Deviations: Airline rules allow flight deviations on either the departure or the return legs of the group reservation, as long as the return is made from the same airport as the main group. Airlines charge a deviation fee to do so. The fee depends on the airline. Airlines may also limit the time pre/post tour of travel and may charge additional cost based on availability on date of travel
Land Only Passengers: If you do not live in the Chicago area and would like to make your own flight arrangements from another airport, you can travel as a ‘Land Only’ passenger. In doing so, your tour price will be reduced by the exact cost of airfare and taxes. At the time of the quote, this estimate is $1201. If required, Quest Sports Travel can assist in securing airfare from your airport of choice. Likewise, if you opt to secure your own airfare using frequent flyer miles (see below) you will also travel on a ‘Land Only’ basis. If you are traveling “Land Only” you must inform Quest Sports Travel at least 91 days prior to departure so that your seat is released before it becomes payable in full and non-refundable.
Frequent Flyer Programs: Airlines do not accept frequent flier miles as payment for group airfare. If a traveler wishes to use frequent flier miles they must secure their own airfare and will pay Quest Sports Travel a ‘Land Only’ cost. No alterations will be made to the published itinerary to service individuals traveling separately from the main group
Laws This agreement is subject to the laws and jurisdiction of the state of New York.
Liability Disclaimer (i) Quest Sports Travel reserves the right to amend any itinerary due to conditions beyond our control e.g changes in weather. Every reasonable effort is made not to delete a specified inclusion but to fulfill the conditions and terms for the best interests of all parties. (ii) Quest Sports Travel is not liable in any way for airline delays, cancellation, or loss of luggage. (iii) Individuals engaging in athletic activities and contests assume the risk of those activities and will not hold Quest Sports Travel liable for any injuries incurred.
Passports and Entry Visas Passports are required for international travel. Applications are available from the United States Post Office. Please allow at least 20 weeks for processing.
An entry visa is required for travel to some countries, including Australia and Brazil, by US citizens. Visa information can be obtained by contacting the Embassy of the specific country to be visited. Visa charges are not included in the quoted tour price and Quest Sports Travel is not responsible for securing a traveler’s entry visa.
Payment Method Quote prices assume payment by ACH or check. Processing fees will be added at checkout if paying by credit card. Fees are 2.9% for VISA / MasterCard and 3.9% for American Express.
Price Variance Tour prices vary based on the size of the group, rates of international currency exchange and airline departure taxes and fuel surcharges. Full details can be found under the "Price Quote" tab
Registration Completed online at https://tri.ps/MDAfn . Select the appropriate package from the drop down menu and proceed from there
Room Upgrades The tour price is based on Triple Bedded Rooms. Room upgrade surcharges will apply for twin and single bedded rooms. The US $ value of these room upgrades will be calculated on the same date as the Final Tour Price
Rooming List Final rooming Lists, including room upgrade requests and any specific dietary requirements are due by January 3rd, 2020.
Travel Party Roster An accurate final travel party roster is due by January 3rd, 2020 for airline ticketing. Quest Sports Travel strongly advises supplying the roster in advance of this airline deadline. Once tickets are issued they are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should a change be necessary after ticketing a new ticket must be issued and paid in full at the rate quoted at the time of new issue. If the final Travel Party Roster is not submitted by the aforementioned date the airline reserves the right to CANCEL the reserved seats.
Travel Protection (Insurance) Quest Sports Travel recommends travel protection to help protect you and your trip investment. Prior to purchase, you may request copy of the Description of Coverage which includes a summary of the plan details on benefits, coverages, limitations and exclusions. Please visit our website for more details
Waivers (a) Quest Sports Travel may use any statements, comments, photographs or photographic likenesses from the Trip for future advertising, promotional or news article materials. QST must receive any objections to this from Customers prior to final payment. b) It is the responsibility of each Customer to obtain their own personal medical and travel insurance for their tour.
Terms and Conditions Summary Illinois Wesleyan University Volleyball will travel to Germany & Austria from March 6th- March 15th, 2020. This 10 day / 8 night tour has been developed by Quest Sports Travel and quoted on February 12th, 2019
Estimated Tour Cost 35 Passengers = $2,947 per person
Estimated Tour Cost 30 Passengers = $3,065 per person
Estimated Tour Cost 25 Passengers = $3,249 per person
This quotation is based on current land service and air travel prices. It is calculated based on the rate of international currency exchange on 04/30/19 of €1 = $1.13. It is based upon above stated number of paying passengers traveling. The quote price includes a $1201 allowance for airfare, airline taxes and fuel surcharges. This estimated quotation will expire on May 15th, 2019Inclusions for your tour are listed on the registration / booking site All Quest Sports Travel tours do not include the following items:
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges above amount listed in quote above
- Lunches and drinks (other than water) with meals
- Room upgrades - this tour is based on triple room occupancy so surcharges will apply for twin and single rooms
- Gratuities for Tour Manager and Motor Coach Driver
- Additional attractions or entry fees not specified in the Inclusions site
- Credit Card processing fees (Visa/MasterCard = 2.9%; AMEX = 3.9%)
Payments will be distributed among 5 installments. The installment dates are structured to allow timely payment of airline / land vendor invoices. Late payments jeopardize the tour quotation. Payment plan is based on the 30 passenger quote price:
Initial Deposit = $350.00 per person due: May 15, 2019
Progress Payment 1 = $678.75 per person due: July 12, 2019
Progress Payment 2 = $678.75 per person due: September 6, 2019
Progress Payment 3 = $678.75 per person due: November 15, 2019
Final Balance = To be announced due: January 24, 2020
Quest Sports Travel will calculate and publish the Final Balance Invoice on January 10, 2020.
Online registration enrolls the participant in our automated billing reminder program. Notices will be sent in advance of each installment date. Please make payments in a timely fashion. If you prefer paying by check please make your check payable to Quest Sports Travel and mail it to 1853 William Street, Merrick, NY 11566. Payment will be applied to your online account once processed internally
**Note - prices are based on ACH or check payment. Credit card payments are assessed processing fees at checkout. Fees are 2.9% for VISA and MasterCard and 3.9% for American Express.
Quest Sports Travel must fulfill responsibilities with vendors (e.g. airlines, hotels) in advance of the tour and is therefore able to refund cancellations as follows (per person):
$50.00 Admin fee = Upon registration
$250.00 penalty plus the cost of protection plan, if purchased = Cancel after 07/11/19 but before 09/06/19
$500.00 penalty plus the cost of protection plan, if purchased = Cancel after 09/05/19 but before 11/15/19
$750.00 penalty plus the cost of protection plan, if purchased = Cancel after 11/14/19 but before 01/03/20
No refund = Cancel after 01/02/20
All cancellations must be in writing (email) and submitted to Quest Sports Travel before the stated dates in order to receive the appropriate refund. Refund payments are made as quickly as vendor reimbursements allow.
Travel Protection is recommended and available through Travelex Insurance. These policies include medical coverage while playing sport internationally (most policies become void if you are injured while playing) as well as allowing cancellation for medical issues or bereavement.
During checkout you will be offered different options depending on who is traveling, Please familiarize yourself with the options before finalizing your selection:
- If the player is traveling alone select the Player Only Travel Insurance option
- if an adult is traveling with the player select the Adult/Family Travel Insurance option. One adult/family policy also covers unlimited children under 18. Each adult requires a separate policy
360º Student Group Premier Plan = Youth Group plan requires a minimum of 10 group members and a ratio of 80% youths (under 25) to 20% adults. The Travel Protection cost for this plan is $116 per person. Only players traveling alone should select this option.
Travel Select Protection = Individual policies. Plan terms allow children (under 18) per adult without additional charge. The Travel Protection cost for this plan is $201 (assumes parent age between 35-59 years old. Pricing is higher for an older adult. Please contact us for exact pricing if required)
For more info on the policies offered please visit the Travel Insurance page of our website.
Day 1: Friday 6th March, 2020
• Depart Chicago O'Hare International Airport at 9:25 p.m. on Lufthansa flight #435 to Munich Franz Josef Strauss International Airport
Day 2: Saturday 7th March, 2020
• Arrive in Munich at 12:55 p.m. where our full time bilingual Quest Sports Travel Tour Manager meets the group to transfer by private motor coach to check in to the H2 Hotel München Olympiapark for a 2 night stay
• Settle in to the hotel then depart for an introductory tour of the city with your Tour Manager - Pulsing with prosperity and Gemütlichkeit (cosiness), Munich revels in its own contradictions. Folklore and age-old traditions exist side by side with sleek BMWs, designer boutiques and high-powered industry
• Dinner at a pre-selected restaurant this evening
Day 3: Sunday 8th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then depart for Dachau, a vivid reminder of Nazi atrocities during WWII. In 1933, what was once a quiet little artists' community became a tragic symbol of the Nazi era as Himmler and the SS set up the first German concentration camp on the grounds of a former ammunition factory here. During its notorious history, more than 206,000 prisoners from 30 countries were imprisoned at Dachau, perhaps a lot more
• This afternoon enjoy a guided walking tour of Munich - the city is a haven for all sorts of culture, with a staggering array of museums and a vibrant arts scene. Take in all the major sites, including the Altstadt that is known for its grand avenues and squares that recall the glory of the monarchy!
• Dinner at a pre-selected restaurant this evening
Day 4: Monday 9th March, 2020
• After breakfast check out and travel through the magnificent Bavarian Alps and across the Austrian border, to Salzburg
• Arrive in the city and enjoy a guided walking tour with a local guide - the Altstadt (old town) is a fiesta of churches, plazas, courtyards and fountains that ooze charm. The sights include the Cathedral, Mirabell Gardens, Festival Hall and Mozart Residence. Conclude the tour by taking the funicular ride to the grounds of the 11th-century Festung Hohensalzburg - One of Europe's largest castles, it has never been captured by enemy forces!
• Free time to further explore the city then check in to the Hotel Schwaighofwirt for a 3 night stay
• Dinner at the hotel this evening
Day 5: Tuesday 10th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then depart to discover the remarkable Hallein Salt Mines - the prize possession of the prince-archbishops of Salzburg, the mines have been providing wealth to the area since ancient times. Board an electric mine train to go deep into the caverns, then go on foot and change levels by sliding along a network of polished wooden slides in a truly unique experience
• From Hallein cross back into Germany to visit Berchtesgaden - Berchtesgaden is a quiet old Alpine village with ancient winding streets and a medieval marketplace and castle square. It has enjoyed a booming tourism industry since King Ludwig I of Bavaria chose it as his favortie hideaway. Its name is often linked with Hitler and the Nazi hierarchy, but this impression is erroneous. Hitler's playground was actually at Obersalzberg, on a wooded plateau up the mountain
• Later, transfer to the first friendly match of the tour against UVV Seekirchen (7:00 p.m.) including a post game dinner and social event with today's hosts
Day 6: Wednesday 11th March, 2020
• After breakfast explore The Salzkammergut (Austrian Lake Distrcit) - The environs of Salzburg are incredibly scenic. The area is a setting of old castles, charming villages, glacial lakes, salt mines, ice caves, and some of the most panoramic alpine scenery in Europe
• Take in villages and lakes such as St. Wolfgang, Wolfgangsee, St. Gilgen and Mondsee, including the Church from the wedding scene in The Sound Of Music
• This afternoon transfer to a local school to complete a Community Service Youth Clinic with young players - following a meet and greet, IWU will conduct a 90 minute clinic across 3 courts, followed by an "Exchange Game" where players and clinic attendees play together
Note - parents / guests can choose to attend the clinic, or enjoy an extended visit to Mondsee with the Tour Manager
• Return to the hotel for dinner this evening
Day 7: Thursday 12th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then check out and depart for Vienna
• Pause en route to visit Melk Abbey - one of Europe’s most beautiful Baroque buildings is situated on a rock overlooking the Danube River
• Continue this afternoon through the Danube Valley of the Wachau - This part of the Danube is a UNESCO World Heritage region thanks to the architectural elegance of its ancient monasteries, castles and ruins combined with the urban architecture of its towns and villages and the rustic beauty of it’s vineyards. Take in panorama views in Spitz an der Donau, 1000 Eimerberg and Dürnstein
• Arrive in Vienna and check in to the Hotel Lenas West for a 3 night stay and enjoy dinner at a pre-selected restaurant
Day 8: Friday 13th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then enjoy a guided walking tour of Vienna - A whirl of gilded Hapsburg palaces and regal parks on the banks of the blue Danube, Vienna is a fine romance of a city. Tradition and innovation walk hand in hand: Strauss waltzes are still hip to 20-something ball-goers and even the imperial stables have been born again as the surprising and vibrant Museum Quarter
• This afternoon transfer to a local gym to complete a second Community Service Youth Clinic with young players - following a meet and greet, IWU will conduct a 75 minute clinic across 3 courts, followed by the second friendly match of the tour against Vienna Hot Volleys (5:30 p.m.)
Note - parents / guests can choose to attend the clinic, or enjoy an extended visit to central Vienna with the Tour Manager
• Dinner at a pre-selected restaurant after the match
Day 9: Saturday 14th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then visit the gardens of the extravagant Schönnbrunn Palace - The 1,441-room Schönbrunn Palace was designed for the Habsburgs by those masters of the baroque, the von Erlachs. It was built between 1696 and 1712 at the request of Emperor Leopold I for his son, Joseph I. Leopold envisioned a palace whose grandeur would surpass that of Versailles. However, Austria's treasury, drained by the cost of wars, would not support the ambitious undertaking; and the original plans were never carried out
• This afternoon transfer to the third friendly match of the tour against Union Wien West (1:00 p.m.) followed by a post game meal and social event with today's hosts in a pre-selected restaurant
• Later, spend the evening in the charming urban theme park Wiener Prater - This extensive tract of woods and meadowland in the 2nd District has been Vienna's favorite recreation area since 1766, when Emperor Joseph II opened it to the public. The Prater is an open fairground with a sense of Habsburg decadence and turn of the century nostalgia thanks to attractions such as it’s iconic merry-go-rounds
Day 10: Sunday 15th March, 2020
• Early check out and transfer to Vienna International Airport for the return journey to the United States
• Depart Vienna at 10:10 a.m. on Austrian Airlines flight #65 to Chicago O'Hare International Airport, arriving in Chicago at 2:30 p.m.
06Mar: LH 435 departs Chicago O'Hare at 9:25 PM.; arrives Munich 12:55 PM on 07Mar
15Mar: OS 65 departs Vienna @ 10:10 AM; arrives Chicago O'Hare at 2:30 PM
Hotel accommodation will be in 3 or 4 * hotels. Selection requirements are proximity to sporting activities and sightseeing, cleanliness, comfort, amenities such as WIFI, and good breakfast / dinner / social time options.
March 7-8 = H2 Hotel München Olympiapark, Moosacher Straße 82, 80809 München, phone: 011 49 89 9090 17200
March 9-11 = Hotel Schwaighofwirt, Schwaighofenstrasse 20, 5301 Schwaighofen bei Salzburg, phone: 011 43 6221 7733
March 12-14 = Hotel Lenas West, Wientalstrasse 45, 1140 Wien, phone: 011 43 1402 0007
March 10 = Game 1 vs. UVV Seekirchen @ 7:00 PM
March 11 = Community Service Youth Clinic @ 2:45 PM
March 11 = Exchange Game @ 6:00 PM
March 13 = Community Service Youth Clinic @ 3:30 PM
March 13 = Game 2 vs. Vienna Hot Volleys @ 5:30 PM
March 14 = Game 3 vs. Union Wien West @ 1:00 PM
Quest Sports Travel Office: 516-270-2022
Quest Sports Travel 24 Hour Emergency: 516-972-0055
Quest Sports Travel Tour Manafer Erinna Cave: 011-43-660-5176-966