2020 Carthage College Women's Soccer
March 6th - March 15th, 2020
Welcome to your customized Tour Website. Everything you need to know can be found below.
If you can't find it don't hesitate to contact us with your questions
- Terms & Conditions
- Quote Details
- Payment Schedule
- Cancellation Policy
- Travel Insurance
- Final Itinerary
- Airline Info
- Soccer Activities
- Emergency Contacts
- Packing List
- Helpful Hints
It is important to read this information and the associated tabs carefully. The Terms and Conditions include our Payment Policy, Cancellation Policy, Validity of Prices, Liability details and other important information
Additional Passengers Additional passengers (parents, siblings, relatives, friends etc.) are welcome (and encouraged) to join the tour at any time as long as seats are available on the airline’s group reservation. Any passengers joining the tour after the group has deposited will be subject to airline costing on that date
Airline Information Airlines reserve the right to increase their departure tax (based on airport fees / government security taxes) and fuel surcharges at any time. To maintain the quoted tour price it is essential that the payment installments are received on the stated dates. To minimize any increases Quest Sports Travel strongly recommends that the group ‘ticket’ all passengers as early as possible. ‘Ticketing’ requires payment in full to the airline. Once ticketed airfare costs are non-refundable
Departure City: The departure city for this tour will be Chicago. All efforts are made to secure the most direct and cost effective routing. Routing and cost implications will be discussed with tour leaders before publication of flight details. Flight details will be available by May 1st, 2019.
Airline Deposit: Airlines deposits become non-refundable by the airline 91 days+ prior to departure. To be included in the group airfare pricing is required before December 1, 2019. After that date passengers can still be added, but price will be based on purchase at applicable fare on that purchase date. It may also still be possible to be added to the group reservation after that date, but the airline reserve the right to increase pricing for late additions
Flight Deviations: Airline rules allow flight deviations on either the departure or the return legs of the group reservation, as long as the return is made from the same airport as the main group. Airlines charge a deviation fee to do so. The fee depends on the airline. Airlines may also limit the time pre/post tour of travel and may charge additional cost based on availability on date of travel
Land Only Passengers: If you do not live in the Chicago area and would like to make your own flight arrangements from another airport, you can travel as a ‘Land Only’ passenger. In doing so, your tour price will be reduced by the exact cost of airfare and taxes. At the time of the quote, this estimate is $1020. If required, Quest Sports Travel can assist in securing airfare from your airport of choice. Likewise, if you opt to secure your own airfare using frequent flyer miles (see below) you will also travel on a ‘Land Only’ basis. If you are traveling “Land Only” you must inform Quest Sports Travel at least 91 days prior to departure so that your seat is released before it becomes payable in full and non-refundable.
Frequent Flyer Programs: Airlines do not accept frequent flier miles as payment for group airfare. If a traveler wishes to use frequent flier miles they must secure their own airfare and will pay Quest Sports Travel a ‘Land Only’ cost. No alterations will be made to the published itinerary to service individuals traveling separately from the main group
Laws This agreement is subject to the laws and jurisdiction of the state of New York.
Liability Disclaimer (i) Quest Sports Travel reserves the right to amend any itinerary due to conditions beyond our control e.g changes in weather. Every reasonable effort is made not to delete a specified inclusion but to fulfill the conditions and terms for the best interests of all parties. (ii) Quest Sports Travel is not liable in any way for airline delays, cancellation, or loss of luggage. (iii) Individuals engaging in athletic activities and contests assume the risk of those activities and will not hold Quest Sports Travel liable for any injuries incurred.
Passports and Entry Visas Passports are required for international travel. Applications are available from the United States Post Office. Please allow at least 20 weeks for processing.
An entry visa is required for travel to some countries, including Australia and Brazil, by US citizens. Visa information can be obtained by contacting the Embassy of the specific country to be visited. Visa charges are not included in the quoted tour price and Quest Sports Travel is not responsible for securing a traveler’s entry visa.
Payment Method Quote prices assume payment by ACH or check. Processing fees will be added at checkout if paying by credit card. Fees are 2.9% for VISA / MasterCard and 3.9% for American Express.
Price Variance Tour prices vary based on the size of the group, rates of international currency exchange and airline departure taxes and fuel surcharges. Full details can be found under the "Price Quote" tab
Registration Completed on our registration / booking site. Select the appropriate package from the drop down menu and proceed from there
Room Upgrades The tour price is based on Triple Bedded Rooms. Room upgrade surcharges will apply for twin and single bedded rooms. The US $ value of these room upgrades will be calculated on the same date as the Final Tour Price
Rooming List Final rooming Lists, including room upgrade requests and any specific dietary requirements are due by January 3rd, 2020.
Travel Party Roster An accurate final travel party roster is due by January 3rd, 2020 for airline ticketing. Quest Sports Travel strongly advises supplying the roster in advance of this airline deadline. Once tickets are issued they are non-refundable and non-transferable. Should a change be necessary after ticketing a new ticket must be issued and paid in full at the rate quoted at the time of new issue. If the final Travel Party Roster is not submitted by the aforementioned date the airline reserves the right to CANCEL the reserved seats.
Travel Protection (Insurance) Quest Sports Travel recommends travel protection to help protect you and your trip investment. Prior to purchase, you may request copy of the Description of Coverage which includes a summary of the plan details on benefits, coverages, limitations and exclusions. Please visit our website for more details
Waivers (a) Quest Sports Travel may use any statements, comments, photographs or photographic likenesses from the Trip for future advertising, promotional or news article materials. QST must receive any objections to this from Customers prior to final payment. b) It is the responsibility of each Customer to obtain their own personal medical and travel insurance for their tour.
Terms and Conditions Summary Carthage College Women's Soccer will travel to Italy from March 6th- March 15th, 2020. This 10 day / 8 night tour has been developed by Quest Sports Travel and quoted on April 23rd, 2019
Estimated Tour Cost 35 Passengers = $2,875 per person
Estimated Tour Cost 30 Passengers = $2,973 per person
Estimated Tour Cost 25 Passengers = $3,115 per person
This quotation is based on current land service and air travel prices. It is calculated based on the rate of international currency exchange on 04/23/19 of €1 = $1.13. It is based upon above stated number of paying passengers traveling. The quote price includes a $1020 allowance for airfare, airline taxes and fuel surcharges. This estimated quotation will expire on April 5th, 2019Inclusions for your tour are listed on the registration / booking site All Quest Sports Travel tours do not include the following items:
- Airline taxes and fuel surcharges above amount listed in quote above
- Lunches and drinks (other than water) with meals
- Room upgrades - this tour is based on triple room occupancy so surcharges will apply for twin and single rooms
- Gratuities for Tour Manager and Motor Coach Driver
- Additional attractions or entry fees not specified in the Inclusions site
- Credit Card processing fees (Visa/MasterCard = 2.9%; AMEX = 3.9%)
Payments will be distributed among 5 installments. The installment dates are structured to allow timely payment of airline / land vendor invoices. Late payments jeopardize the tour quotation. Payment plan is based on the 30 passenger quote price:
Initial Deposit = $350.00 per person due: April 5, 2019
Progress Payment 1 = $655.75 per person due: June 14, 2019
Progress Payment 2 = $655.75 per person due: August 23, 2019
Progress Payment 3 = $655.75 per person due: November 15, 2019
Final Balance = To be announced due: January 24, 2020
Quest Sports Travel will calculate and publish the Final Balance Invoice on January 10, 2020.
Online registration enrolls the participant in our automated billing reminder program. Notices will be sent in advance of each installment date. Please make payments in a timely fashion. If you prefer paying by check please make your check payable to Quest Sports Travel and mail it to 1853 William Street, Merrick, NY 11566. Payment will be applied to your online account once processed internally
**Note - prices are based on ACH or check payment. Credit card payments are assessed processing fees at checkout. Fees are 2.9% for VISA and MasterCard and 3.9% for American Express.
Quest Sports Travel must fulfill responsibilities with vendors (e.g. airlines, hotels) in advance of the tour and is therefore able to refund cancellations as follows (per person):
$50.00 Admin fee = Upon registration
$250.00 penalty plus the cost of protection plan, if purchased = Cancel after 06/13/19 but before 08/23/19
$500.00 penalty plus the cost of protection plan, if purchased = Cancel after 08/22/19 but before 11/15/19
$750.00 penalty plus the cost of protection plan, if purchased = Cancel after 11/14/19 but before 01/03/20
No refund = Cancel after 01/02/20
All cancellations must be in writing (email) and submitted to Quest Sports Travel before the stated dates in order to receive the appropriate refund. Refund payments are made as quickly as vendor reimbursements allow.
Travel Protection is recommended and available through Travelex Insurance. These policies include medical coverage while playing sport internationally (most policies become void if you are injured while playing) as well as allowing cancellation for medical issues or bereavement.
During checkout you will be offered different options depending on who is traveling, Please familiarize yourself with the options before finalizing your selection:
- If the player is traveling alone select the Player Only Travel Insurance option
- if an adult is traveling with the player select the Adult/Family Travel Insurance option. One adult/family policy also covers unlimited children under 18. Each adult requires a separate policy
360º Student Group Premier Plan = Youth Group plan requires a minimum of 10 group members and a ratio of 80% youths (under 25) to 20% adults. The Travel Protection cost for this plan is $116 per person. Only players traveling alone should select this option.
Travel Select Protection = Individual policies. Plan terms allow children (under 18) per adult without additional charge. The Travel Protection cost for this plan is $201 (assumes parent age between 35-59 years old. Pricing is higher for an older adult. Please contact us for exact pricing if required)
For more info on the policies offered please visit the Travel Insurance page of our website.
Day 1: Friday 6th March, 2020
• Depart Chicago O'Hare International Airport at 5:10 p.m. on British Airways flight #294 to London Heathrow International Airport
Day 2: Saturday 7th March, 2020
• Arrive in London at 6:50 a.m. and transfer to British Airways flight #554 to Rome Fiumicino International Airport, departing at 10:00 a.m.
• Arrive in Rome at 1:40 p.m. where our full time bilingual Tour Manager meets the group to transfer for an orientation tour of the city - orientation tour with your tour manager. “All roads lead to Rome – the Eternal City has a unique atmosphere, with its numerous attractions and the rich historical heritage including Roman ruins and temples, baroque palaces, romantic squares and fountains, countless churches and museums as far as the eye can see. The fusion of this rich historical and religious heritage with the life of a modern and vibrant city gives Rome a unique flair that is well worth discovering
• Later, check in to the 4* Barcelo Aran Mantegna Hotel for a 2 night stay
• Dinner at the hotel then take the short walk to the nearby Tre Fontane Sport Complex for a light practice with the Carthage College coaching staff (facility reserved from 8:00-9:30 p.m.)
• Return to the hotel after practice
Day 3: Sunday 8th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then depart for a guided walking tour of the city - take in all the major sites, including the Forum, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Spanish Steps, and the Coliseum
• Later, transfer to the first friendly game of the tour against SS Lazio (3:00 p.m.)
• After the game enjoy a pizza dinner at the sports center, then travel directly to Rome's Olympic Stadium to attend tonight's Serie A professional game AS Roma vs. UC Sampdoria (8:45 p.m.)
• Return to the hotel after the game
Day 4: Monday 9th March, 2020
• After breakfast check out and head north to the green valleys of Tuscany
• Travel directly to Florence and enjoy a guided tour of the home of Michelangelo's David, Botticelli's Birth of Venus, and Raphael's Madonnas.
• This afternoon enjoy free time to discover some of Florence’s simple pleasures - wander the medieval streets in Dante's old neighborhood, sip a cappuccino on Piazza della Signoria, haggle for a leather jacket at the street market around San Lorenzo, and immerse yourself in the greenery of the Boboli Gardens
•Later, transfer to local farm "Fattoria al Poggio" in the Tuscan countryside to enjoy a wine and food tasting experience and dinner filled with local delicacies
• After dinner, continue to the spa resort town of Montecatini Terme and check in to the 4*Grand Hotel Plaza & Locanda Maggiore for a 2 night stay
Day 5: Tuesday 10th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then travel to nearby Pisa - founded around 1000 B.C. it soon grew into one of the peninsula’s most powerful maritime republics. Explore the Pavilion area including the Baptistry, Duomo and world famous Leaning Tower
• This afternoon return to Montecatini and enjoy free time to discover the town - maybe opt to take the funicular to Montecatini Alto, the quaint village overlooking the main town, for marvelous views of the Tuscan valleys
• Dinner on your own this evening
Day 6: Wednesday 11th March, 2020
• After breakfast check out and head north towards Lake Como
• Pause en route in Milan for a guided walking tour of the city with a locally licensed Tour Guide - Milan sets one of Italy’s finest tables, features art by geniuses such as Michelangelo and da Vinci, and is home to a cultural scene including the world famous La Scala Opera House
• This afternoon continue towards Lake Como and check in to the 4* Axolute Comfort Hotel for a 4 night stay
• Pre-game meal at the hotel then transfer this evening to the second friendly game of the tour against ACF Como (8:00 p.m.)
Day 7: Thursday 12th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel then travel west to Turin for a guided tour of Juventus Stadium - access the locker room, tunnel, media areas and museum to discover the history of Italy’s most successful club in one of the country’s few privately owned stadiums
• From the stadium travel to the city center for guided walking tour of Turin with a locally licensed Tour Guide - It's often said that Turin is the most French city in Italy or the most Italian city in France. From the late 13th century to Italy's unification in 1861, Turin was the capital of the House of Savoy. The Savoys were as French as they were Italian, and their holdings extended well into the present-day French regions of Savoy and the Côte d'Azur, as well as Sardegna
• This afternoon transfer to the third friendly game of the tour against Real Meda (7:00 p.m.)
• Dinner at the sport center after the game, then return to the hotel
Day 8: Friday 13th March, 2020
• After breakfast depart for central Como and a guided walking tour with a local guide - Within its 12th-century city walls, the beautiful people of this prosperous city whisk from shop to cafe, sweeping by the grandeur of the cathedral and loveliness of its lakeshore right next to it’s charming historic center
• Free afternoon to discover Lake Como, a jewel-like oasis of tranquillity, Alpine peaks, history and boutique stores just 30 minutes from Milan. Maybe take the funicular to Brunate for amazing views of the Lake, or take a cruise on the lake to Bellagio possibly one of the prettiest villages in all of Italy
• Dinner on your own this evening
Day 9: Saturday 14th March, 2020
• Breakfast at the hotel and a free day to complete your sightseeing and souvenir shopping
• Maybe travel across the nearby Swiss border to visit Lugano. Alternatively, spend more time exploring Lake Como or head back to Milan for more time in the city. The options are varied and your Tour Manager is there to advise and assist
• Dinner on your own this evening
Day 10: Sunday 15th March, 2020
• After breakfast check out and transfer to Milan Linate International Airport for the return journey to the United States
• Depart Milan at 11:15 a.m. on British Airways flight #565 to London Heathrow International Airport, arriving in London at 12:25 p.m.
• Transfer in London to British Airways flight #297 to Chicago O'Hare International Airport, departing at 3:35 p.m. and arriving in Chicago at 7:30 p.m.
06 Mar: BA 294 departs Chicago O'Hare at 5:10 PM.; arrives London Heathrow 6:50 AM on 07 Mar
07 Mar: BA 554 departs London Heathrow at 10:00 AM.; arrives Rome 1:40 PM
15 Mar: BA 565 departs Milan Linate @ 11:15 AM; arrives London Heathrow at 12:25 PM
15 Mar: BA 297 departs London Heathrow @ 3:35 PM; arrives Chicago O'Hare at 7:30 PM
Hotel accommodation will be in 3 or 4 * hotels. Selection requirements are proximity to sporting activities and sightseeing, cleanliness, comfort, amenities such as WIFI, and good breakfast / dinner / social time options.
March 7-9 = Barcelo Aran Mantegna Via Andrea Mantegna, 130 - 00147 Roma - Tel: 011 39 06 98 95 21 March 10-11 = Grand Hotel Plaza & Locanda Maggiore Piazza del Popolo, 7, 51016 Montecatini Terme PT - Tel. 011 39 0572 75831 March 12-14 = Axolute Comfort Hotel Via A.Grandi 32 - 22063 Cantù Italy - Tel 011 39.031.700589
Barcelo Aran Mantegna Via Andrea Mantegna, 130 - 00147 Roma - Tel: 011 39 06 98 95 21
March 10-11 =
Grand Hotel Plaza & Locanda Maggiore Piazza del Popolo, 7, 51016 Montecatini Terme PT - Tel. 011 39 0572 75831
March 12-14 =
Axolute Comfort Hotel Via A.Grandi 32 - 22063 Cantù Italy - Tel 011 39.031.700589
March 7 = Team Training @ 8:00 PM
March 8 = Game 1 vs. SS Lazio @ 3:00 PM
March 8 = Serie A Game: Roma vs. Sampdoria @ 8:45 PM
March 11 = Game 2 vs. ACF Como @ 8:00 PM
March 12 = Juventus Stadium Tour @ 11:00 AM
March 12 = Game 3 vs. Real Meda @ 7:00 PM
Quest Sports Travel Office: 516-270-2022
Quest Sports Travel 24 Hour Emergency: 516-972-0055
Quest Sports Travel Italia Tour Manager Mrs Cristina Moreschi: 011 39 333 84 71 75